Our shoes and socks, that is.
Thursday, April 8 it’s time to show off your pedicure.
Tom’s Shoes has started “A Day Without Shoes,” where all of us are supposed to go without shoes to see what it would be like for the majority of children in third-world countries that don’t have shoes.
Even if you can’t do your whole day without shoes they say you should attempt to go for part of the day without them.
- In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.
- Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
- Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
- In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
- Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.
Tom’s also donates a pair of shoes to a needy child for every pair YOU buy! If they seem a little pricey, just think you’re really buying two pair. Plus, they are really comfortable.
Another random fact- Matisyahu (another Jew that I love) is using his song “One Day” as the theme for “One Day Without Shoes.”